It’s apple season here at Two Frog Home. I imagine it is for many folks, even if you don’t have your own apple tree, apples are likely in season for many folks making it a good time of year to stock up. If you do have a supply and need some inspiration, here are 10 ways to use & preserve apples to help make the most of that apple bounty:
Jeff and I have already juiced enough to fill two 5 gallon carboys. To those carboys we added some honey (from our bees!), yeast, and a few other things in the hopes of having some hard cider in a few months. With the rest of the apples, we’ll likely make applesauce and apple butter.
If you’re looking for ways to use up a glut of apples in your own kitchen and pantry, here are our 10 favorite ways to use and preserve apples.
Apple Peanut Butter Cookies – Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free
How to Can Applesauce – Great info for beginners, though I never add extra sugar to my applesauce
- Making & Canning Apple Butter Using the Crockpot – I always use the crockpot to make any kind of fruit butter.
- Cider: Making, Using & Enjoying Sweet & Hard Cider – If you’re interested in hard cider, this book was great for us when we started
- Hard Honey Cider – I found this PDF from the National Honey Board to be very helpful about making hard cider with honey.
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Crisp – Last but certainly not least
What’s your favorite way to use apples?
Disclaimer: I may receive compensation for products mentioned in this post. All opinions expressed are my own. I am not a doctor, always seek trained medical advice. No statements should be considered approved by the FDA or as a diagnosis or treatment for any illness. See my Full Disclaimer Here.