I was in the mood for some type of slaw salad over the weekend. My cabbage isn’t quite ready yet and so I decided to play with what I had on hand, namely, Rutabagas and Daikon Radishes. I opted for a peanut slaw with dry roasted peanuts and a tangy peanut butter dressing. The resulting Rutabaga & Daikon Peanut Slaw was perfectly satisfying and beyond tasty.
Rutabaga and Daikon Peanut Slaw
This Rutabaga & Daikon Peanut Slaw is a great way to use up garden fresh ingredients for a tasty, dairy and egg free slaw.
- 2 Cups Peeled & Shredded Rutabaga
- 1 Cup Shredded Daikon
- ⅓ Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Hot Water
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (or more to taste, also optional)
- Combine the rutabaga, daikon, and peanuts in a bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, hot water, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix until everything is well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, longer is just fine. Enjoy!