Applesauce muffins are a great way to use up all those jars of applesauce put up in the fall. These are lightly sweet and spiced muffin that is moist and delicious. They’re also super easy to whip up in a hurry.
Quick & Easy
This recipe comes together in no time. There’s no butter to soften and all the applesauce keeps the muffins moist and flavorful.[mailerlite_form form_id=5]
Keep this recipe handy for busy mornings and simply pop open a jar of applesauce and have fresh, hot muffins on the table in no time.
Low in Sugar
These are relatively low in added sugar. A person could add another 1/3 cup sugar to make them sweeter but honestly, the applesauce keeps them fairly sweet naturally. Maybe even try making homemade apple sugar for even more apple goodness.
Spice or Not
The spices could easily be switched or skipped. Add more cinnamon, skip the cloves, use nutmeg instead of allspice. Quite simply use whatever spice combination is most favored.
Add nuts or skip them. Raisins or other dried fruits would be great in addition to or instead of the nuts. Even chocolate chips would be a tasty addition.
These applesauce muffins freeze extremely well. Bake and cool completely. Wrap the muffins well and freeze inside an airtight container. Thaw at room temperature and enjoy.
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- ⅓ Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 ⅓ Cups Unsweetened, Pureed (not chunky) Applesauce
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the applesauce, sugar, and egg until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost completely combined. Fold in the nuts and stir until combined.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffins cups.
- Bake in preheated oven 25-28 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely on wire racks.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
We try our best but cannot guarantee that nutrition information is 100% accurate.