As is often the case, simple is best. That’s true for this dish that has quickly become a favorite here at Two Frog Home. It almost feels too simple to share, garlicky roasted potatoes & asparagus, but as we love it and it’s so very healthy and filling, I simply can’t keep it to myself. Asparagus is currently in season here, I know for those of you in the deep south this might have to wait until next spring…
Garlicky Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus
A simple side dish garlicky roasted potatoes & asparagus is a great way to take advantage of early spring vegetables in a filling and healthy way.
- 1 Pound of Potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 cups of Asparagus, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet spread the chopped potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Give everything a toss and put in the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and give the potatoes a stir, scraping any sticking to the pan from the bottom. Toss in the asparagus and garlic, giving everything a good stir. Return to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Serve hot. This could easily serve 4 as a side dish, generally speaking Jeff and I split it with just a little something else for dinner.
Jessica @ The 104 Homestead
Thursday 17th of April 2014
As a lover of asparagus, potatoes and garlic, I am sooooo excited to try this!
Sunday 30th of June 2013
I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users, its really really fastidious post on building up new webpage.
Tuesday 25th of June 2013
Hello, i believe that i noticed you visited my website so i got here to go back the desire?.I'm attempting to find issues to improve my site!I guess its adequate to make use of a few of your ideas!!
Saturday 15th of June 2013
Love this too! I have been doing in with a mix of sweet potatoes, asparagus and garlic spears, which are also in season here in the Northwest. So delicious and easy!