Sweet and full of floral flavor these lavender chocolate syrup brownies come together quickly and easily.
Lavender is an amazing herbal flavor perfect for both sweet and savory dishes. It also happens to pair delightfully with chocolate making lavender brownies a natural and delicious dessert choice.
For this recipe, we make lavender sugar simply by pulsing together dried lavender buds with granulated sugar. It’s quick and easy.[mailerlite_form form_id=9]
However, if you happen to have some lavender infused sugar in the pantry, this is a great place to use that as well.
Chocolate Sauce for Ease
Most brownies are made with melted chocolate or cocoa powder. In this version, I went for a purchased chocolate syrup / sauce instead.
Choose something with natural ingredients that you can feel good about eating. Something that is flavorful on its own, otherwise the final brownie will not be delicious.
The folks at Torani sent me a sample bottle of their Dark Chocolate PureMade Sauce. It’s non-gmo and free of artificial anything. I was originally thinking some hot chocolate for it but these brownies were an even better idea.
Make the brownies an even richer or filling dessert with these ideas:
- Add up to 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Fold in some chopped nuts
- Mix in raisins
- Top the brownies with chocolate frosting
These are a moist brownie that is simple but delicious. It is, however; quite plain in appearance.
Dress it up for special occasions with these ideas:
Serve with ice cream. Lavender ice cream would be quite nice. As would plain chocolate or vanilla.
Dust it with some plain powdered sugar and drizzle with some chocolate sauce.
Top each brownie with a dollop of whipped. Plain or a homemade lavender whipped cream for extra flair.
Serve it with coffee or even a lavender hot chocolate for a completely over-the-top chocolate dessert affair.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" square cake pan.
- In a food processor, pulse together the sugar and lavender buds to just break up the buds. Do not turn the sugar into powdered sugar.
- Cream together the butter and lavender sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and chocolate sauce to the butter mixture and beat thoroughly.
- Fold in the flour, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. The middle should be completely set and the edges will begin pulling away from the pan.
- Cool the pan completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
We try our best but cannot guarantee that nutrition information is 100% accurate.