White chocolate lavender cookies are the perfect afternoon tea or after dinner dessert cookies. These are lightly sweet and layered with floral and buttery flavor that is sure to delight.
Layers of Lavender
The ‘trick’ to these cookies is the layering of lavender flavor throughout. While one could probably just toss some lavender buds into the dough and get flavorful results, the flavor is more intense with some light infusing.
Homemade Lavender Ingredients
Use lavender infused honey and skip the infusing of the lavender buds in plain honey called for in the recipe.
Substitute lavender infused sugar for the plain sugar.
Additionally, add only 1 teaspoon of lavender buds to the creaming of the sugar, instead of the whole Tablespoon of lavender buds called for in the recipe.
Amazing Gift Idea
These white chocolate lavender cookies are an amazing gift idea. They’ll tuck nicely in a basket with some tea for the friend who loves a traditional afternoon tea.
While these are a soft cookie, they ship incredibly well. So, don’t be afraid to tuck them into care packages and mail them off to loved ones far away.
Options for Decorating
These are simple and soft cookie, perfect from the oven. However, there are some ways to ‘fancy’ them up if desired.
Frost the cookies with a simple chocolate or vanilla frosting. Or sandwich the cookies around the frosting.
Drizzle the cooled cookies with melted dark chocolate.
Dip half the cookie in melted white chocolate.
Because these cookies do freeze well, using these for ice cream sandwiches would be quite delightful.
- 3/4 Cup Salted Butter, softened
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Lavender, divided
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 4 Ounces White Chocolate, chopped
- 3 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Put 1 inch of water in the bottom of a double boiler and bring to a boil.
- In the top of the double boiler, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lavender with the honey. Heat gently and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add the white chocolate to the honey mixture and heat until melted. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of lavender until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour the honey mixture into the butter mixture and mix completely.
- Fold in the flour mixture until everything is well combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons full onto prepared sheets. Give them about 2 inches between - they spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
We try our best but cannot guarantee that nutrition information is 100% accurate.