We all need a little snack now and then. Preferably something filling and healthy. Something that won’t make us feel worse later. If it’s homemade and easy even better. These no-bake peanut butter cookies are all of that homemade bites full of healthy fat and protein while skipping the refined sugar.
The dates provide plenty of sweet to these treats. There’s no need for additional sugar. Use an unsweetened peanut butter too.
A Fine Grind
These cookies have the best soft texture when the nuts and dates are ground fine. A food processor will work but a meat grinder works as well. I use the meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid Mixer.
Options to Customize
Because we all like to switch things up based on our own tastes or ingredients on hand, here are a few options to consider with these cookies:
- I haven’t tested it but imagine that raisins would work instead of dates, simply weigh out 4 ounces.
- Use any nut on hand – almonds, pecans, etc.
- Allergic to peanut butter? Use almond or any other nut butter.
- Seeds like sesame or sunflower would probably work
- Substitute carob powder for cocoa powder
For best results, keep these cookies cool. Refrigerate up to a week or freeze for 6 months. These are really great frozen on a hot day.