Combine the fresh berries of spring with lavender and chocolate chips in this easy to make strawberry cookie recipe that everyone will love!
Strawberry lavender cookies are made with honey to avoid refined sugar and further increase all the floral and berry flavor in that natural wonderful combination.
To get the most lavender flavor in the cookie, do these two things:
First, crush the lavender some with a mortar pestle or the back of a spoon on a plate before proceeding with the recipe.
Second, do cream the butter and lavender well together. This beating of lavender into the butter will help release all the flavorful floral oils.
Use any type of chocolate chip that you have on hand or favor. Semi-sweet is great but milk or white or even dark chocolate chunks will all work and be delicious.
This recipe was tested with strawberries but it seems most any berry would work in an equal amount. Simply use whole small berries or chop large berries.
A mix of berries would also be delightful.
The cookies are quite lovely just as the recipe is written, however there are some options for dressing them up.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies
- Frost with chocolate or even cream cheese frosting
- Make smaller cookies and sandwich them around some vanilla or chocolate frosting.
The cookies are soft and will freeze delightfully well. Simply put the cooled cookies into airtight containers and freeze.
Thaw cookies at room temperature. Eat up within 6 months to prevent freezer burn and for best flavor.
- 1/2 Cup Salted Butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Lavender Buds
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and dried lavender together with an electric mixer.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the honey. Cream together the butter, lavender, and honey until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until almost completely combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped strawberries until thoroughly combined.
- Drop by Tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly with the palms of your hands.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove to cool on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
We try our best but cannot guarantee that nutrition information is 100% accurate.