It’s apple season here at Two Frog Home. I imagine it is for many folks, even if you don’t have your own apple tree, apples are likely in season for many folks making it a good time of year to stock up. If you do have a supply and need some inspiration, here are 10 ways to use & preserve apples to help make the most of that apple bounty:
Jeff and I have already juiced enough to fill two 5 gallon carboys. To those carboys we added some honey (from our bees!), yeast, and a few other things in the hopes of having some hard cider in a few months. With the rest of the apples, we’ll likely make applesauce and apple butter.
If you’re looking for ways to use up a glut of apples in your own kitchen and pantry, here are our 10 favorite ways to use and preserve apples.
Apple Peanut Butter Cookies – Gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free
How to Can Applesauce – Great info for beginners, though I never add extra sugar to my applesauce
- Making & Canning Apple Butter Using the Crockpot – I always use the crockpot to make any kind of fruit butter.
- Cider: Making, Using & Enjoying Sweet & Hard Cider – If you’re interested in hard cider, this book was great for us when we started
- Hard Honey Cider – I found this PDF from the National Honey Board to be very helpful about making hard cider with honey.
- How to Make Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Crisp – Last but certainly not least
What’s your favorite way to use apples?
I sometimes receive compensation in the forms of cash and/or products but the opinions represented are always my own. Posts may also contain affiliate links, should you click and buy I receive a small commission which helps me offset costs of the blog but there is no additional cost to you. None my statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, nor should anything read here replace the advice of a trained medical professional - you are responsible for your own health.See my full disclaimer here.